Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As I have shared in the Children’s Church that last Wednesday (25th Feb) while on my way home from the office I saw this beautiful rainbow over my head. I was on a friend’s bike and was travelling along PIE (I think so…) and he suddenly asked me to look up. When I looked up I saw this beautiful rainbow, the most beautiful one I had ever seen n my life (i.e. up till now). It was so strong and solid, the colours were so distinct and we could see the whole rainbow (from one end to the other, like the rainbow in a cartoon). I was reminded of the Genesis 9:9-16 where the rainbow was the sign of the “everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh”. The rainbow is a sign and a reminder of God’s faithfulness towards us.
This week as you go about your daily routine, keep in mind that our God is a faithful God. His faithfulness is shown in the day-night cycle, the four seasons, rain and sunshine, the right mix of air & gases, harvest & seed time, forgiveness of sin, answers to prayer, help in times of trouble, encouragement when we are sad, His abiding presence through His Spirit, and many more other ways. Why don’t you just take a moment and reflect on the many ways in your life in which God had shown His faithfulness to you? As you are filled with the awesome feeling of God’s faithfulness, make a check on your own faithfulness quotient as well. How do you fair in your faithfulness to your spouse, children, family, ministry, yourself and God?

No comments: