Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On Monday I met up with one of my friends from another church. We were chatting over dinner before we caught the movie, “Slumpdog Millionaire”, and he was telling me that he was in the dumps and just recovered about two weeks ago. He was depressed because although he is in his late thirties and a graduate, he has no job and no church. This is what he said, “God brought me to the point where my reference point is zero!” God was gracious and lifted him up from the dumps and he shared with me that he learned that all that doesn’t matter anymore. What that really matters now is his family and friends. He doesn’t care if he is underweight or working as a cashier. He wants to spend more time with his family and friends.
It sets me thinking about what true success in life is. And what can we bring with us when we died? In Job 1:21, He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there.” This verse is true as far as possessions is concern, but I think we do bring something with us when we come from our mother’s womb – RELATIONSHIP, and when we die we can take these RELATIONSHIPS along with us. To me I feel that relationships are the most eternal and precious possessions that we can have. Jesus once said, “ … a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. (Luke 12:15)” A man’s life is not measured by how much he possesses but at the end of the day when he lies motionless in the box, who will be at the funeral? Let’s not be so poor until all we have left is $$$$$ (money)! Treasure the relationships you have and let them know how much you love and appreciate them everyday. Live life without regrets!

No comments: