Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I learned another precious lesson. In fact it was on 15th Feb evening. I was planning to go to Singapore Casket for a wake service. I, not knowing how to go, went on line and search for direction, and found that Bus 61 could take me all the way there. So i took the bus from Bukit Batok all the way to Lavender Street and alighted after it turned into Lavender Street from Lavender MRT Station. I knew that Singapore Casket was somewhere nearby and so i started walking towards where i think the place was. After walking the distance fo 1 bus stop i still did not see the place, thinking that it was th wrong direction i walked back and actually decided to give up and go back home. However, thinking that since i'm already here just take a cab lah. So i decided to flat for a cab and just nice a cab stopped infront of me and when i told the driver i'm going Singapore Casket, he told me that it was just infront. I told him i could not find it, and he was so kind to give me a lift to the building and FOC.
This incident just reminded me of perseverance and how the Holy Spirit is our Helper. Sometimes in our walk with God or service, we may feel like giving up just because we did feel that we are reaching the GOAL. We may want to shrink back (give up) or change direction (change ministry) or feel dejected (go home and forget about it) etc, and we may end up making a wrong decision. The end could be just so near (in fact if i walk for another 10m, i would have reached the place) and we would ahve missed it all. If you are feeling this way, then you need the help of the Holy Spirit. Like the cab driver who so give me a lift so willingly, the Holy Spirit is willing to help you to complete your journey. The Holy Spirit is the promised Helper - "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another helper, that He may be with you forever (John 14:16)." Paul said, "We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. (TNIV 1:28). That's what i'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me (Col 1:29)." As we continue to serve Him in Children's Church - doing our best to present every child fully mature in Christ - that we be reminded that God has given us the energy to persevere through His Spirit, our Helper. Don't miss your destination ... persevere with the help of the Spirit and His energizing power. March on...Christian soldiers!

No comments: